Don't forget to vote in the polling system!

WEEKLY PSY EVENTS

Information Related to Parties
ricky
BOM Elf
Articles: 0

#211 Post by ricky »

If anyone's still watching this thread, Gonzo's in Plumstead is still having Tuesday nights psytrance every week (only until 2 am when the bar closes) and I'll be playing a Mad Hatter set there tonight from 1 am - would love to see you there if you can make it. It's a cosy spot with cheap drinks and lots of pool tables. Even when I'm not playing a set there, Yolanda and I go through just for a few dops, some games of drunken pool, and good psy playing all over the place. Perfect combination for a little Tuesday night jawl to keep you going through the week!
NEW OFFER FROM NEXUS MEDIA: Buy all 15 CDs released for just R500 (10 for R400 or 5 for R300). Call-A-Pizza is the world's largest outlet for SA psytrance CDs and also sells the biggest range in the world (over 100 titles) at cost price.

ricky
BOM Elf

#212 Post by ricky »

Too late now, but I should have mentioned that Trippy-D (MINDMELT) was playing a set last night, and it was ORSM!! The last of the Tuesday nights psy at Gonzo's will happen next Tuesday, and the 3rd MINDMELT DJ Venomoid will be playing a set. You might have seen him at that Chinese club opposite Rhino Room a few weeks ago. Big thanks to Aviv/Chemogen and Matthew/Chaos Defined for having organised the Tues night thing since Kieran and Richard handed over to Barry/Frozen Ghost and Dave, who then gave it over to them.
NEW OFFER FROM NEXUS MEDIA: Buy all 15 CDs released for just R500 (10 for R400 or 5 for R300). Call-A-Pizza is the world's largest outlet for SA psytrance CDs and also sells the biggest range in the world (over 100 titles) at cost price.

FUEL
BOM Elf

Re: WEEKLY PSY EVENTS

#213 Post by FUEL »

Dragongurl wrote:Hi all, Here is the list of the most recent upcoming weekly party events:

No events for Mon or Tues!

:arrow: Organik, Obs:
Every Wednesday night
Roots, Lower Main rd, Obs
R20 Entry from 9pm
Indoor/Outdoor
R.O.A.R.

:arrow: Labyrinth - CPT:
Every Wednesday night @ Fiction
226 Long Street, Cape Town, CBD
FREE before 10:30pm
R20 after
R.O.A.R.

:arrow: Translux- JHB:
Every Wednesday night
Clasic Corner HQ - Primrose Hill, cnr Violet and Main Street
Doors open at 8pm
Free entry till 9pm - R20 after
R.O.A.R.

:arrow: PSYchedelic Tendancies - CPT:
Thursday night (above the Purple Turtle)
cnr Long & Shortmarket, CBD
Loads on parking in Greenmarket Square

Indoor Turbosound System
Psychedelic decor
Balcony overlooking Long st

R20 gets you in from 9pm
R.O.A.R.

--------------------------

You can post here if you want to add/modify a party date, please no offtopic.

Thanks ;)

PLEASE NOTE - FOR LABYRINTH -

LABYRINTH is Re-Launching (THURSDAY 6th NOVEMBER 2008)
New info is below:

LABYRINTH
EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT
THE RHINO ROOM, Green Street (Off Long Street), Cape Town CBD
Doors Open 9pm, FREE Before 10:30pm, R30 After
Minimal, Progressive, Techno, PSY Trance
R.O.A.R.
PLUR

ricky
BOM Elf

#214 Post by ricky »

Nice one, Dean, although that quote is way old and outdated - there is no more Psychedelic Tendencies on Thursday nights, and I don't think the Jo'burg weekly is still going.

Gonzos in Plumstead had it's last Tuesday night last night, but tonight starts psytrance Wednesdays at Babbaloos in Table View.

ricky
BOM Elf

#216 Post by ricky »

InfiniT wrote:thanks for the info Ricky/Mad Hatter

No problem.

Babbaloos last night really rocked. They have an awesome sound system in there you can really feel. Tequila at R6 a shot all night saved us a fortune, although we did drink too much! I believe they will have psy once a month (the last Weds?) and they've asked me to play a Mad Hatter set next time from 2 - 4 am. Hope you'll join in the fun.

Iz4
BOM Elf

#217 Post by Iz4 »

Don't forget that Wednesday nights with Organik @ Roots in Obs is still going strong. It has been running for 2 years now.

Psynopticz

PsynOpticz weekly!! From this November!!

#218 Post by Psynopticz »

[align=center]Image

PsynOpticz launches our weekly Thursday events of twisted psychedelics
@ The Bang Bang Club starting on the 13 Nov 08.

Click below & become a fan of PsynOpticz to receive all updates of our events and happenings
PsynOpticz Fan Page
or
Check our myspace
PsynOpticz Myspace

..::Novembers powerful lineups below::..

13 Nov

The Commercial Hippies (Live) (Nano)
Gandalf (dj) (Alchemy)
Wobblz (dj) (Afrogalctic)
SwiTcHcaChe (dj) (PsynOpticz)
GonZo (dj) (PsynOpticz)
SilO (dj) (PsynOpticz)

20 Nov

Tune Raider (dj) (Afrogalactic)
Trip (Dj/Live) (Psychotic Productions) (JHB)
SwiTcHcaChe (dj) (PsynOpticz)
Humerous (dj) (PsynOpticz)
Dee-abla (dj) (Independent)
Phoenix Rising (dj) (Independent)

27 Nov

Headroom (dj) (Nano)
High-Voltage (Live) (Afrogalactic)
Sterealkey (dj) (Groovy Troopers)
Danalog (dj) (Afrogalactic)
PsyGuy (dj) (Organik)
GonZo (dj) (PsynOpticz)

Venue:: The Bang Bang Club (Corner of Loop & Hout Street)

..::DRINK SPECIALS!!!!!!! (Run all night!)::..

Hansa, Black Label R12
Sarita, Storm, Brutal Fruit R12
Tequila, Ramazotti Red R12
Dbl Brandy, Bacardi Coke R28
Sunrise Jug (vodka,triple sec mixed with lemonade and orange juice) R45
Green Mamba (10xcane mixed with Cream soda) R45

..::THE GUESTLIST FOR ALL::..

PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL WITH DATE OF EVENT TO::

psynopticz@gmail.com

NB!! PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME, SURNAME AND MOBILE NUMBER OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ADDED!
[/align]

ricky
BOM Elf

#219 Post by ricky »

Oh, good - Tune Raider is back - will be good to hear Pam play a set again.

Just a thought - now that Labyrinth has changed over to Thursdays again, since Colin/Wobblz I believe doesn't want to clash with the Roots Wednesdays thing, perhaps you would be wiser to choose another night. I know that I often mention the clashing of two parties on the same night, but in this case you are both going to be doing regular weekly events on the same night, and just a few blocks from each other. That is not good for business - either of yours. There are not many people who can afford both, so people are going to have to choose between the two, and the other one will suffer. As an example, instead of each of you getting 100 on Thurs nights, just one of you would get all 200 if it were the only party on that night.

Just my opinion.